: Due to the closure of JTB Travel Saloon – Takashimaya S.C during CNY (28-30 January), the processing time will be 10 working days for online purchases from 27 to 31 January.
- Only travelers who visiting Japan under the entry status of “Temporary visitor”, and has a passport bearing this stamp can use this pass. Please note that according to strict interpretation of the Japanese Immigration Law, “Temporary visitor” status differs even from other types of stays that are also for only short time periods.
- Japanese passport holders can NOT use this pass. However in a rare case when travelers have dual passports (Japanese & Other), unless your valid non Japanese passport is stamped with “Temporary Visitor”, issuance of JR pass will be refused.
- The activation date of the pass, once the pass has been obtained, can no longer be changed.
- JR Exchange Offices (Offices and service hours are subject to change or discontinuation without notice. ):
- Kyoto Station Ticket Office, daily from 5:30AM to 11PM
- Shin-Osaka Station Ticket Office, daily from 5:30AM to 11:30PM
- Osaka Station Ticket Office, daily from 5:30AM to 11PM
- Kansai Airport Station Ticket Office, daily from 5:30AM to 11PM
- Sannomiya Station Ticket Office, daily from 5AM to 11PM
- Nara Station Ticket Office, daily from 9AM to 8PM
- Wakayama Station Ticket Office, daily from 5AM to 11PM
- Okayama Station Ticket Office, daily from 5AM to 11PM
- Sakaiminato Station Ticket Office, daily from 7:10AM to 6:15PM
- Yonago Station Ticket Office, daily from 5AM to 10PM
- Tottori Station Ticket Office, daily from 5:45AM to 11PM
- Matsue Station Ticket Office, daily from 4:50AM to 9:30PM
- Hiroshima Station Ticket Office, daily from 5:20AM to 11PM
- Shimonoseki Station Ticket Office, daily from 5:30AM to 10:30PM
- Shin-Shimonoseki Station Ticket Office, daily from 5:30AM to 11PM
- Kokura Station Travel Service Center, daily from 10AM to 7PM
- Hakata Station (Fukuoka) Ticket Office, daily from 5:30AM to 11PM. Travel Service Center, daily from 10AM to 6PM
- The lines include in the pass:
The Limited Express trains HARUKA (to Kansai Airport), KUROSHIO, THUNDERBIRD, KONOTORI, YAKUMO, HAKUTO (incl. the line between Kamigori and Chizu)
Sanyo Shinkansen (trains Nozomi, Mizuho, Hikari, Sakura, Kodama) between Shin-Osaka and Hakata (Fukuoka)
Rapid and local trains of JR West lines
The JR-WEST Miyajima Ferry
- The Pass is not valid on the Tokaido or Kyushu Shinkansen between Shin-Osaka and Kyoto.
- The Pass is not valid on the conventional lines within Kyushu.
- With the Pass, no additional fee is required when reserving seats.
- Non-reserved Ordinary class cars can be accessed freely.
- In order to travel in first class (Green cars) you will have to pay additional fees.
- To access the platforms, show your pass to the JR staff located at the platform gates.
- To reserve a seat, ask the JR staff at the the ticket office.
- It is a personal pass. Please always carry your passport when using the Pass as station and train staff may check it.
- The starting date written on the JR Sanyo-San’in Pass cannot be changed
- An unused voucher is refundable for one year from the date of issue.
- The voucher can be refunded if it has never been exchanged in Japan.
- 15% of the price will be charged as a refund handling fee.
- Refund is allowed only before the Exchange Order exchange to Rail Pass and it must submit for refund within 12 months from the issuance date.
- The refund process required approximately 2 months to complete.
- We’ll refund to cheque for cash and Nets payment and credit card for credit card payment.
- Neither an Exchange Order nor a JR Sanyo-San’in Pass can be reissued if lost or stolen.