Takayama (高山) is a city in the mountainous Hida region of Gifu Prefecture. To differentiate it from other places named Takayama, the city is also commonly referred to as Hida-Takayama. Takayama retains a traditional touch like few other Japanese cities, especially in its beautifully preserved old town. It now ranks as one of the prime candidates among travelers wishing to add a rural element into their itineraries.
The Ise – Kumano – Wakayama Area Tourist Pass is a special discounted pass available only to foreign travellers visiting Japan under the entry status of “Temporary visitor”. Visitors can use this pass to travel from Nagoya to as far as Kushimoto. It is valid on five consecutive calendar days of your choice. This pass can be used on the JR Limited Express trains to and from Nagoya, within Osaka city, Nara and on designated bus routes and railways convenient for visitng Ise/Toba area. On top of that, rental bicycles “Ekirin Kun” services can also be use at Wakayama station, Kiitanabe and Shirahama station.
(1) Between Nagoya station – Shingu – within Osaka (via Ise Tetsudo Line or Kameyama, via Kisei Main Line/Hanwa Line)
(2) Between Nagoya – Kameyama – Nara – within Osaka City (via Kansai line)
(3) Between Taki-Toba (Sangu Line) and Kansai International Airport-Hineno (Kansai Airport line)
(1) Designated sections of Mie Kotsu Group’s route buses: Owase Station front-Washige, Owase Station front-Segiyama-Kumano Kodo Center, Senmaida and Tori-toge pass entrance
(2) Designated sections of Kumano Kotsu’s route buses: Katsuura station – Nachisan, Katsuura station-Shingu station of the Wakayama Electric Railway’s Kishigawa Line.
* Limited to those aged 12 and above. Can be used everyday while the pass is valid. Number of bicycles is limited and may not be available.
Available for purchase from 15 July 2016 !
Mt. Fuji – Shizuoka Area Tourist Pass Mini is a special discounted pass available only to foreign travellers visiting Japan under the entry status of “Temporary visitor”. Visitors can use this pass to travel from Atami to as far as Toyohashi. It is valid on three consecutive calendar days of your choice. This pass can be used on the JR conventional trains, bus and ferries to visit places around Mt. Fuji, including Gotemba Premium Outlets, Fujikyu Highland, etc.
(1) Between Atami – Toyohashi (Tokaido Main line), Numazu – Matsuda (Gotemba line), Fuji – Shimobe – Onsen (Minobu line)
(1) Izu-Hakone Railway: Mishima-Shuzenji
(2) Izu-Hakone Bus: Numazu station – Numazu port, Nagaoka station – Izu Mito Sea Paradise, Shuzenji station – Shuzenji onsen
(3) S-Pulse Dream Ferry: Suruga Bay ferry (Shimizu Port – Toi Port), Shimizu Port Bay Cruise (Hinode Terminal – Hinode Terminal)
(4) Entetsu Bus: Hamamatsu station – Hamanako Garden park, Hamamatsu station – Nakatajima shako
(5) Shizutetsu Justline: Shimizu station – Miho Marine Science Museum of TOKAI University.
(6) Tokai Bus: Mishima station – Yamanakajoato, Numazu station – Numazu Minato shinkansen, Shuzenji station – Toi Port, Shuzenji station – Shuzenji onsen.
(7) Fujikyuko Bus: Shin-Fuji station – Fuji station south gate, Shin-FUji station – Fujisan station, Gotemba station – Gotemba Premium Outlets, Gotemba station – Kawaguchiko station, Gotemba station – Grinpa
* Sorry, the sales period has ended on 8th November 2017.
** Sales will be resumed in 2018.
The JR Alpine Takayama Matsumoto Area Tourist Pass is a special discounted pass available only to foreign travellers visiting Japan under the entry status of “Temporary visitor”. Visitors can use this pass to travel from Nagoya to as far as Toyama. It is valid on five consecutive calendar days of your choice from the date of first use indicated on the day of the exchange. This pass avails unlimited rides on JR conventional lines running between Nagoya – Gero – Takayama – Toyama, and between Shinano-Omachi – Matsumoto – Nagoya. Furthermore, this pass is also valid on all transportation services within the Tateyama Kurobe Alpine Route (Between Toyama and Shinano Omachi).
** This pass is not available to purchase in Japan.